|The information and/or topic discussed here is not up to date.|
emCORE on iPod Classic is DEPRECATED, please use the Rockbox bootloader instead.
- Download bootstrap_ipodclassic_itunes.exe
- Connect your iPod to your computer
- Make sure iTunes is closed
- Kill "AppleMobileDeviceService.exe" using the task manager
- Open the task manager (press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC)
- Click on the "Processes" tab
- Choose "AppleMobileDeviceService.exe"
- Press the "End Process" button
- Press "End Process" to confirm
- Do the same for "iTunesHelper.exe"
- Make sure the hold switch is not locked
- Press and hold the menu and select buttons for between 10 and 15 seconds - click here for a how-to video. The iPod will show an apple logo after about 5 seconds, keep holding the buttons until it seems to turn off completely The display of your iPod should now stay black, and a new USB device called "Apple Recovery (DFU) USB Driver" should connect to your PC.
- Wait for the driver installation to complete
- Run bootstrap_ipodclassic_itunes.exe
Your iPod should now turn on and connect a 64MB drive called "UMSboot". If it doesn't, please ask for support.