This is the wiki for the freemyipod project. Freemyipod is a project for reverse-engineering iPods with clickwheel (no iOS devices) and creating tools and documentation so that other people can port alternative firmwares to them such as rockbox. Freemyipod is a relaunch of Linux4nano
Getting started with emCORE
- Check if your device is supported by the installer. Only iPod Nano 2G and iPod Classic 1G/2G/3G are supported at the moment.
- Follow the installation instructions if your device is supported.
- In case you encounter any bugs, please contact us in order to report them.
- 2012-01-02 - There have been some problems with the latest release. A hotfix release (r859) has been published to fix some of these problems. iPod nano 2g users are advised to upgrade. See the release details page for more information.
- 2012-01-01 - A new release
(r855)is out! It includes a couple of new features, several bugfixes and a new bootmenu theme! More information on the release details page.
- 2011-04-25 - The emCORE kernel now runs on the iPod Touch 2G as well, thanks to the help of kleemajo. This is of course not a fully functional port yet, but we'll see how it continues. It's about the same state as the iPod Nano 4G now. /7
Reverse engineering results