Revision as of 19:46, 30 March 2011 by STeeF (Generalized the use of the Releases page, added Linux warning)
- Connect the iPod to the computer, using the usb data cable.
- Make sure the hold switch is turned off
- Press and HOLD the Menu+Select buttons for about 15 seconds. At first the iPod might start, if its not started already. Second it will reboot (emCORE/emBIOS/iLoader) will show-up, keep holding the Menu+Select buttons untill the screen goes all dark.
- Download  and  or use a fresh copy of the svn tree to obtain the tools/ipoddfu folder.
- Download "bootstrap-ipodclassic.dfu" file from the emCORE Releases page and store it.
- Run: 'sudo python ipoddfu.py bootstrap-ipodclassic.dfu'
Your iPod should now turn on and connect a 64MB drive called "UMSboot". It's a known issue that Linux might take a long (over 10 min) time to recognize and mount the iPod. If it doesn't (after waiting very long), please ask for support.