- Connect the iPod to the computer, using the usb data cable.
- Make sure the hold switch is turned off
- Press and HOLD the Menu+Select buttons for about 15 seconds. At first the iPod might start, if its not started already. Second it will reboot (emCORE/emBIOS/iLoader) will show-up, keep holding the Menu+Select buttons untill the screen goes all dark.
- Download  and  or use a fresh copy of the svn tree to obtain the tools/ipoddfu folder.
- Download  and store it.
- Run: 'sudo python ipoddfu.py bootstrap-ipodclassic-r674-20110325.dfu'
Your iPod should now turn on and connect a 64MB drive called "UMSboot". If it doesn't, please ask for support.